Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boogie Woogie Butterfly

Since August BBug has been taking ballet and tap lessons at a local dance studio. Before she started she would constantly dance around the house, so we knew that dance was perfect for her!


HA!


While she enjoyed it, she was definitely the "flighty" dancer who was busy making up her own routines and fixing her hair in the mirror while everyone else was following the instructor.


This past weekend was her recital and despite some concern that she might not know her dances, she did phenomenal! Her daddy was also more than a little concerned that her makeup may be a little too much and she may look, shall we say more mature than she should. Luckily after a test run by BBug herself...


I did her hair and makeup and while she didn't seem overly impressed, her daddy and I were both happy with it.

Her ballet number was the 'Lonely Little Butterfly'...
I L.O.V.E.D. their costumes for this dance! I thought BBug looked so beautiful and awfully grown up in it. She and all of her friends did very well with their steps too.
Her tap number was 'Boogie Woogie Piggy'... Let me just add here that I tapped to the exact same song some 25 years ago!
The basics of this costume were really cute as well, but none of the moms were big fans of the ears!
By about midway through this routine BBug had decided she was done! She proceeded to just stand on the stage with her head down and arms stretched out toward me in the audience. Luckily she didn't break down completely!
We weren't planning on staying for the entire recital - I mean it's over 3 hours long for crying out loud! But BBug really wanted to do the Finale dance.
It was to Wild, Wild West and Cotton Eyed Joe. I didn't get any good pictures from that one, but her favorite part was when they "shot" their (finger) guns and then blew on them before holstering them! She was soo stinkin cute doing that one!

Like I said earlier, she enjoyed dance but it wasn't (at this point) a passion for her. So next fall we'll be trading in our taps for cletes and hitting the futball (soccer) field!

5 comments:

Beth said...

She looked so cute. :D I love that she got flowers. Those outfits are fantastic.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Oh my word, she looks soooooo pretty! Girl, I know you are proud. Bbug is a star!!

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute! love it! cant wait to hear how she likes soccer this fall!
yall have a fun 4th!

Anonymous said...

Ooo cutie let me tear her pussy right up

Google Analytics