Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Trip to Check on NahNah & More

BBug and BuddyRoe's NahNah (my mom) was in a car accident at the very end of June so last weekend we headed up to ATL to check on and visit with her and PopPop. Also visiting at the time were my cousins and some of their kids, so it was a full and crazy house to say the least!



Thankfully NahNah is doing pretty well after her ordeal, the same can not be said for her poor minivan!

While we were there we visited with this one...



This is Boogie, BBug & BuddyRoe's favorite girl cousin. For now she's their only girl cousin. But that could all change in just a few months!



And we had decadent Super-Duper Chocolate Cake for my birthday!



The kids were AMAZING on the 8 hour drive each way. I don't want to jinx myself but they are almost always great travelers! It was a great trip, even if it was a long way in a short time. I am so glad that we got up there to visit, we just don't see them enough!

Now the kiddos and I are looking forward to August when we'll join NahNah and PopPop for several days at the beach!!

Moving on to an unrelated note...



This one turned 9 months old earlier this week! I can't believe how big he's getting. He's eating table foods with every meal ~ his favorite so far seems to be spaghetti! He also started "crawling" on Tuesday. He goes about one crawl and then lays down, but it's a start. He's also talking up a storm and getting SO much personality!

We have another busy weekend coming up so I'll have lots to post about when it's over. And in addition to all of our activities, Aunt S. and Uncle C. will be busy welcoming Baby K to the family tomorrow! Because of some complications he's coming about a week and a half or so earlier than planned so please say a prayer for he and his mommy.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hee hee hee I love the picture of Boogie, she looks like a little gremlin. :D

Can't wait to see you guys at the beach we booked out Condo on Wednesday. :D

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, glad to hear that your mom is doing ok. It is too funny that she is NahNah b/c that is what my Allie Claire is calling her grandma (who wanted to be called ma'am--too funny!)

You are so lucky to have good travelers! Atta boy to BuddyRoe for crawling. That's big news!

Google Analytics