Sunday, June 14, 2009

Showers and Swims

We've...

...had a busy weekend!

We started Friday morning out by taking BBug to spend the day (and night) with her Grandma & Aunt S, then BuddyRoe and I stayed home for one more day of quarantine. Friday night I got to work on a cake for Aunt S.'s baby shower on Saturday.

The shower theme was 'King of the Jungle' so I made a lion cake that matched the plates and decor. It wasn't by any means perfect, but it was definitely made with love! (the orange spot wasn't on the actual cake - it's my way of trying to protect my nephew's identity a little bit!)

Saturday morning Hubby, BuddyRoe and I loaded up and headed south for the shower at Grandma's house. I think it's fair to say that everyone had a wonderful time at the shower and Aunt S. & Uncle C. along with "Baby-on-the-Way K" got lots of wonderful goodies!

I promise there were a lot of other people there, but I don't want to show their pictures here - it's another one of those privacy things.
After the shower our family, Grandma, Aunt S., Uncle C. and some of the cousins headed over to Grandma & Grandpa Grape's (that's BBug-ese for the great grandparents) to go swimming! BBug has been a waterbug from day one and we have been hoping that would be the case for BuddyRoe too.

It appears that we're 2 for 2 in the waterbug department!

Now we're back home and trying to catch our breath before we head to a Conference that my company is putting on in a couple of weeks. While I have to work (and Hubby does too a little bit since he's in the industry) the kids get to spend the whole week enjoying the multiple pools, waterslides, lazy river and private beach that the resort has to offer! It's a tough life they lead!

2 comments:

Sheri Kiesling said...

I Love it and might I add..the cake was PERFECT! I didn't want to cut into it, but I'm glad we did as it was Yummy! Thank you both for all your help with everything at the shower. It was a hit. I hope we have a 3rd waterbug soon..he seems to "swim" everytime we get in the pool.

Beth said...

Awww what nice pictures. Hope you get to enjoy your new nephew soon. Your rackin up on the nephews we need to add another neice in there soon. :D

Google Analytics