Friday, June 12, 2009

I Have Stripes

That's right, I have stripes.

I have a bad habit of washing my hair in the morning and pulling it in to a low ponytail for work. It's quick, it's easy and to be honest - it looks terrible! So I decided that the only way to stop myself from doing that was to go get it cut off in to a style that I have to get up and fix in the mornings. And that's just what I did. Along with the cut I had some highlights done.

For the first time in a long time, I left the salon happy with the end result. Until I got home...

I walked in the door and Hubby looked at it and turned away. That's it!! When I finally cornered him and asked what he didn't like about it he said, "You have STRIPES!"

He's only known me with either my naturally light brown/auburn hair or an all-over color of darker auburn. He's never seen me with highlights or anything else in the blonde family (although I was naturally a blonde until college). So I guess it was a shock to him - even though I told him I was getting highlights!

But here's the best part, that was his "nice" comment about it. That was followed by, "It makes you look older...like 39 or so."

Oh my, someone out there who's been married longer, please reassure me that one day he will learn when to keep his mouth shut or say, "It looks great honey."

Anyway...here's a picture of it. I'm not the most photogenic person so this really doesn't do it justice, but it will give an idea. On top of that, this is unstyled. That's right, this is what it looks like when I wake up in the morning, run a comb through the snarls and go. When the stylist actually 'fixed' it last night it looked even better...

And just because he's so darn cute, here's a picture of Mommy & BuddyRoe from this morning - he's been home from 'school' all week because of a cold so we're just hanging out today (well, I'm working from home but he's hanging out).

5 comments:

Dawn Harp said...

Well, I think it looks great, and makes you look younger! And for an EASY style tip, go and buy you some Redkin "gutz" (at the salon) and spray some on your hands and "mess" your hair up with it and then spray. It is very simple, and it works wonders! Let me know if you try it and how you like it. I personally love it!

Dawn said...

Oh, and you should post a before and after!

Beth said...

Your hair looks gorgeous, and you do not have STRIPES!! I have stripes, very super noticable ones, you have beuatiful bursts of golden light. And no I am sorry to tell you they do not get smarter about the comments..just ask your brother how many times in the past year he has put his foot in his mouth. There was one particularly endearing comment that in someway referenced me and a cow.

Your hair looks beautiful and my nephew is a doll!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! I think it looks great! Totally makes me want to cut all my hair off! I love short summery hair! As for the hubby comment--- a couple weeks ago I was complaining that I was hating my hair and wanted to get it cut so I would actually have a style...(its in a pony tail as we speak/type/whatever)-- thats when sweet DW says, "No, dont cut it yet, it's finally getting to the point where it looks pretty good." FINALLY?!?!? and PRETTY GOOD?!?!? I'm keeping it long for him, for a little bit longer, then its GONE! :) We've been married 6 years and he still hasnt learned to not use the answer, "it looks fine" either... I hate that, when I ask him how this looks, and he says, "yeah, that's fine..." well, I dont want to look just "fine" (aka OKAY), I want to look good... :) Men... :)

Unknown said...

oh, and I dont think it makes you older at all! I love it... the color, too! Of course, I'm a stripe head, though...(i've had highlights since I was 14!)

Google Analytics