Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Told You It Was Good

The following conversation took place over a dinner of hamburger-helper (cheesey ranch) tonight...

Mommy: Eat your dinner BBug.
BBug: No, I'm sleepy.
Mommy: OK. If you're sleepy you can go to your room and go to sleep.
BBug: No, I'm gonna go play.
Mommy: No, you either go to sleep or you eat.
BBug: I need a favor! Walking over to mommy's side, cupping HER OWN ear and saying "I need a cookie."
Mommy: No cookies. Either eat your dinner or nothing for the rest of the night.

After much continued debate, BBug finally agreed to try ONE bite. As it came close to her mouth she abruptly dropped it and began gagging.

Mommy: Eat your food.
BBug: It's gross!
Mommy: Eat one bite, if you don't like it you don't have to eat it.

Finally one bite makes it in to her mouth...

BBug: It's good!
Mommy: It is good.
BBug (cutting her eyes at Mommy): I told you it was good!

Really? I must have missed that in between the request for cookies and gagging!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Gagging!! LOL another drama queen in the family, good lord. :D

At least you got her to finally eat it. Your good.

You have to know that I am picturing the table scene and laughing my butt off. :D

Tamara Ann said...

Oh Beth - drama should have been her middle name. The girl can even cry on demand - real tears and everything!

And don't worry about laughing. Tim was actually at the table and laughing his butt off (and I'll admit after the "I told you so" comment I was too!)

Newbauer Family said...

HILARIOUS!!! Julian is starting to do the same thing!!!

Carrie said...

Wow! So this is what I have to look forward to with these precious little girls. Minds of their own for sure!

Tamara Ann said...

Oh Carrie you have NO idea! Just wait :) But they are such a joy too as you already know!

Google Analytics