Thursday, June 4, 2009

BBug's 1st Haircut!

Today was a big day for our family - it only took us 3 years, 2 months and 3 days to get here, but BBug got her first haircut today!

Now, I know what you're all thinking..."The poor child didn't have much hair to spare and you cut it!?"

It wasn't so much about getting rid of length as it was about cleaning it up. It was really uneven, and when even her daddy says it's looking a little scraggly you know it needs some attention!

I'm not gonna lie to you, it just about broke my heart to part with even a strand of that hard earned and much prayed for hair! But I know it needed to be done, and bless her heart she was SO excited!

When I picked her up from daycare she told all of her teachers that she was going to get her hair cut. When we got BuddyRoe from his classroom she told his teachers that she was getting her hair cut, and added for them that only she was getting a hair cut - NOT BuddyRoe!

I was worried she may be a little nervous or scared, but that was wasted worry to say the least! She hopped right up in the chair and sat there like a big girl while the lady cut it for her. The only problem we encountered was when the beautician asked if she liked it after she was finished.

BBug's response? No.

Don't worry though, one butterscotch dumdum later she was singing a much different tune!

So, that's one more "1st" that we've had now, and one more reminder that my babies are growing up fast!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my, I love that "I don't like my hair" frown! Wow. She is too cute with that new summer haircut. I know it must have broke your heart though, I dread Allie's first haircut!

Unknown said...

Oh, girl, do I feel your attachment to the "much waited for and much prayed for" hair... We have FINALLY got a little bit on top and can fit the tiniest little bow up there... The first haircut is a huge milestone, and she looks adorable with her new 'do!

Beth said...

Charleigh looks so cute with her little Julie Andrews "Sound of Music" cut.

Boogie got the main part of her hair cut for the first time last week just to even it out and Ms. Faith took off 2 1/2 inches in the back. LOL I felt kinda bad. :D

Can't wait till she and BBug can get together at the beach this summer.

Google Analytics