Thursday, May 28, 2009

"It's Good Daddy"

I decided to try a new dish for dinner earlier this week. It was a "chicken rollup" recipe that I found in an old church cookbook.

I made dinner, put BBug's plate on the table along with mine & Hubby's and we all sat down. BBug said the blessing (it's a very short and sweet "God is great, Amen." but it's a blessing!) and Hubby and I dug in.

After a few minutes I told BBug she needed to eat. Her response was "I don't like it, it's gross!" Followed by gagging noises.

Then she immediately turned to her daddy, pasted on a sweet smile, handed him her plate and said, "Here daddy, you eat it. It's GOOOOOD!"

Oh, my child! What am I gonna do with her?!

On another BBug related note - I'm back at making dresses for her (or at least attempting to). I'm still doing the nice and easy kinds, but last night I switched it up from the 'pillowcase' dress to the 'bandana' dress. Again, I didn't actually use a bandana - I used some fabric I already had - but I followed the general idea. And I have to say, that even with one little mess-up I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.


5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the dress. It's too sweet! That pretty girl of yours does look like a sport. Good times! Good times!

Sheri Kiesling said...

I can soo see her saying that to Daddy too. Love the dress BTW.

Dawn Harp said...

I swear, even though I have never met this lil pris, she is just like you! I could so see you doing the same thing in your younger years!

Newbauer Family said...

Alright Tamara - I need your instructions/patterns for these dresses!! TOOOOOOOO cute!!!

Newbauer Family said...

Thanks for the link - I am now following her blog too - she has some really cute things on there! Charlieigh is getting so big - hope you are doing well!

Google Analytics