Monday, May 11, 2009

Jesus Loves Me: The Lady Told Me So

Alright, I'm going to warn you that this is going to be a post full of frustration, so be prepared.

We got a new dog this weekend (I'll post more on him and the rest of the weekend later) and decided to take him, the kids and our other dog for a walk around the neighborhood.

On our way home, at 7:30 p.m. we were stopped on the sidewalk talking to our neighbors when a car pulled to a stop in the road. We all turned to look and a woman opened the car door and shouted at us, "I sure missed you in church tonight! But Jesus loves you!"

She then closed her door and drove away. It was very odd because her tone wasn't sincere, it was sugary sweet sarcasm. I sat there for a moment trying to place who she was and then I realized, I DON'T KNOW HER!

Apparently, this random stranger felt that it was her place to let me know in a convoluted way that I should have been in church rather than walking my dogs. At least that's how we all took it.

Here's my thing - I'm a Christian. I'm very proud to be such. I have a big problem however with people who think it is their place to let me know whether or not I am being a "good" Christian. I don't care if you go to church once a year, once a month or once every day! It's not you who gets to decide if I am "doing it right" or not. That's up to someone much greater than you, that's up to Him!

And for all she knew, I had already been to church and gotten home to spend time with my family! (This isn't the case, our church actually doesn't have a Sunday evening service, but she doesn't know that)

On a much happier note, like I said before - I'll be posting all about our fun-filled weekend and the newest addition to our family later today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah-uh... that lady sounds CRAZY!!!

Google Analytics