Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrating BuddyRoe's Rookie Year!

Saturday we celebrated BuddyRoe's first birthday (which is actually this Wednesday) with a sports-themed party at the house.



I made the invitations featuring baseball, basketball, football and soccer and asked everyone to wear their favorite team's gear (somehow about half the guests missed that part).



I decorated the tables with equipment from each of the sports I mentioned and then added popcorn, peanuts and cracker jacks to round out the centerpieces. I also had mylar balloons for each sport on their respective tables.



We enjoyed a lunch of hotdogs, hamburgers (and all the toppings), chips and typical ballgame drinks ~ soda, gatorade, rootbeer, water.



As a small thank you I attached little papers that said "Thank You for helping us celebrate BuddyRoe's Rookie Year!" to individual bags of cracker jacks with sports stickers.

I promised everyone that I did consider the weather when planning an outdoor party, but how was I supposed to know it would be in the mid-90s in October! It was blazing hot outside, so as soon as we finished lunch we moved all of the presents and cake inside and enjoyed the air conditioning.

I made 5 cakes for the day - yes, I said I made 5 cakes for the day! I made a basketball, a football, a soccer ball and a baseball smash cake for BuddyRoe. I also made a German Chocolate cake for my m-i-l's birthday (which is today - Happy Birthday!).



I can't speak for BuddyRoe, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the smash cake was a success!

BuddyRoe received so many wonderful presents - an awesome homemade toybox, a tv/dvd player for his room, a My Pal Scout, two t-ball sets (one for now and one for a little later), a basketball goal, lots of trucks, planes, tractors, tons of clothes and so much more. And he had plenty of help from BBug, his cousin Boogie, M & W opening all of his presents!



So many of our amazing family and friends came out to help us celebrate, and we couldn't be more grateful. We really are so blessed. To all of you who were there with us, thank you so much for making it such a special day! A special thanks to NahNah, PopPop & Boogie for making the long trek down and to Grandma & Papa Pat for planning their trip around the party!

4 comments:

Dawn Harp said...

Happy Birthday Cagen! Our boys are growing up wayyy tooo fast! My camera died so I couldnt get pics of Jayden on his b-day, but we did video it :)

Beth said...

Awwww looks like everyone had a great time. So many people and 5 cakes...woman you have more time then me. A friend is baking Boogies cake. :D Our weather for the weekend in GA for Boogies birthday party....cold! Go figure. Happy 1st birthday to C!

Carrie said...

What a fun party! I love the sports theme and can hardly believe you made all those cakes. They turned out too cute. Looks like BuddyRoe had a big time!

Unknown said...

SO cute!!! Loved the centerpieces! And girl, FIVE cakes?!?!? That little boy better know how much his momma loves him! :) Happy first year to your sweet boy!

Google Analytics