Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another Prayer Request

I promise one day soon I'll have a post about something happy going on in our lives, but for now I have to ask you for more prayers.

Back in December my older brother's cousin was in a very bad car accident. Her vehicle rolled approximately 9 times before landing upside down, where she was trapped for quite a while before emergency responders could get her out. Her neck, back and hip were all broken and she is now paralyzed from her neck down.

I don't know a lot of details - my brother calls every so often with quick updates - but he had said she was making promising strides lately. She was feeling some pain in her lower body - the fact that she feels anything is a good sign - and she could make very slight, yet controlled movements in her hand. And we praise God for all of those strides, no matter how "small!"

However, I just got word that she has developed pneumonia and is now in the ICU. So, if you would please remember Courtney and her family in your prayers it would be so appreciated.

No comments:

Google Analytics