Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year, A New Me?

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is starting the new year's 'Show Us How You Live' series with New Year's Resolutions and Goals.

I don't usually set New Year's resolutions, mainly because I never seem to keep them. But this year, I decided I was going to. And maybe, just maybe if I put them out here for all the world (or the three people who read this) to see I'll be more likely to stick to them.

The first and most important is to be a better Christian. I want to be more active in my faith and in my relationship with God. I want to read my Bible more - the kids and Hubby got me a 'Busy Mom's Study Bible' for Christmas and so far I've done really well about reading it and doing some of the 5 and 10 minute studies that go with it. I want to spend more time in prayer. And most importantly I want to live a day-to-day life that I believe will be more pleasing to God.

My second resolution/goal is to be a better wife. I like to think that I'm a pretty good mom. I spend a lot of good, quality time with my kids, I take care of their needs, ensure that they are loved and know it and do my best to raise them right. I'm by no means a perfect mom, but I'm pretty proud of the job I've done so far. As a wife however, I'll be the first to admit that I have some shortcomings. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and I'm pretty sure that he knows it - Hubby, in case you don't know it...I love you! - and I've never cheated on him or anything like that. But, I don't necessarily devote the time and energy to him and our relationship that I should. When there are 10 people or things that need my attention, he usually ends up getting put at number 10 just because I know I can. Not that I should, but I can. This year I want to make it a priority to put him at a higher place on my list. I haven't perfected it so far, but I'm trying and I'm going to keep trying.

And my third resolution/goal is to get in better shape. I know that most people - hi NahNah - would say that I don't need to lose any weight, and so for the sake of peace I'll say that I agree with that...but I do need to make my health and fitness a higher priority. If not to lose weight, then to be healthier, feel better about myself mentally, and just to have more energy!

So, while there are a ton of things that I can and hopefully will change in my life in the year 2010 - these are just three of the main things that I hope to focus on. Wish me luck! And to all of you with your own resolutions/goals for the year...good luck and God bless!!

No comments:

Google Analytics