Friday, January 8, 2010

A MUST Read

Two posts in one day, say it ain't so!

Seriously, there is something that I have to share with pretty much anyone who will listen. It's about a "must" read! I've already told my family and friends around the house, everyone on Facebook and pretty much anyone else I've been able to pin down so far. And now I want to tell all of you (again, for the three of you that read this!).

I am a reader. I would read all day long if I could. I l-o-v-e to read! And anyone who knows my family knows that I get it honestly. My momma and daddy have always been big readers. We literally had thousands, yes I said thousands of books around our house growing up. Fiction, non-fiction, romance, science fiction, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Babysitters Club, you name it we had it!

Hubby on the otherhand is not so much a reader. Not that he can't by any means, he just doesn't usually. He's a big fan of 'A Land Remembered' (if you're from Florida, more specifically South Florida, you'll know what I'm talking about), and the A Look at Life from a Deer Stand series. But otherwise he's just not that in to it.

So imagine my surprise when in early November he told me that for Christmas he wanted two books that he had heard about on the local Christian radio station. I was shocked to say the least, but shoot if it was a solid gift idea then I was all for it! So, I went out and bought both of the books for him. They were 'Same Kind of Different As Me' and 'What Difference Do It Make' by Ron Hall and Denver Moore (both men authored both books together).

He started 'Same Kind of Different As Me' a couple days after the new year and was done within 3 days!! I would call him during his lunch break and he would say that he reading the book. On his way home from work he would pull over just to read a couple of pages before going on his way. And in the evenings and mornings every spare minute was spent with that book. I was amazed! I've never seen him so in to a book! And not only that, but he made several comments that made me turn my head. This book was truly changing my husband! In a wonderful way!

When he was done he told me I had to read it. So I did. In 24 hours! Yes, it is that good. It left me in tears, and wanting to be a better more godly person.

I haven't read 'What Difference Do It Make' yet, and I don't want to give away anything about the first book but if you're looking for an awesome book to read in the new year...I HIGHLY recommend 'Same Kind of Different As Me.' And if you do read it, do me a favor and come back to let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I just finished Nicholas Sparks' new book, so I was wanting something new to read. Sounds like a good one if you finished it in 24 hours! That's huge.

By the way, I LOVE Patrick Smith! (:

Tamara Ann said...

Carrie I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan too! I don't think he's written a bad book yet! Have you ever read Patrick Smith's 'The Seas that Mourn'? It's good too!

Signe said...

Ok! I bought it today -- will get back at cha as soon as it's finished! :-)

Tamara Ann said...

Yay Aunt Dink! Glad you made it home safely!

Signe said...

SOOO GOOOOOD! We loved it! Both Walt & read it -- Went out & bought
"What Difference Do It Make?" yesterday-- Walt's finished it & I start it in just a few....
Thanks so much for telling us all about these terrific books!
We love to find good Christian reading!

Tamara Ann said...

I'm so glad you liked it Aunt Dink!

Unknown said...

How have I been missing your posts? I havent seen an update from you in forever, then came over to check and you had a few posts that I havent read... ????

I'm so not a reader...but I'm always looking for a read thats WORTH it! :) So I'll keep this in mind! :)

Google Analytics