Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Many Prayer Requests

Do you ever have times that you feel like you're just surrounded by heartache and grief? That if you didn't have Him to turn to you wouldn't be able to make it through another day? Well, that's how I've felt lately. It's not so much that I, personally am having problems but I seem to hear story after story, a lot close to home.

We spent this past weekend in Atlanta visiting my grandma who is "actively" dying now (that is the term her Hospice nurses are using).She had another heart attack/stroke early Sunday morning before we came back home and has been without food or water since then, as she struggles to swallow now. According to my mom (who she lives with) she is having alot of difficulty with talking; but can still communicate by blinking her eyes to answer yes and no.

We're so glad that she was able to see and visit (before the heart attack/stroke) with all of her children and grandchildren, along with half of her great-grandchildren on Saturday. As my mom said in an email to friends and family earlier, we're just praying for God's will to be done now. Only He can ease her into comfort and peace now.

While we were in Atlanta visiting with her, my cousin got a call from her sister-in-law back at their house in Missouri. Lightning had struck her (my cousin) house and it was on fire. At the time of the first phone call that was literally all they knew. My cousin had her youngest son with her in Atlanta, her oldest was in town with her sister-in-law at the time of the fire, but her husband and three other children were in the house. Luckily a neighbor saw the fire and alerted them. Everyone got out safely and that's really all that matters. Luckily the damage was contained to one end of the house and what I'm hearing is that insurance will cover it, but it's still alot of stress and heartache for them to deal with. I'm just praying that things can be resolved quickly and smoothly for them and that they can get back in to their house.

Last week my other cousin (the sister of the one mentioned above) found out that her brother-in-law has cancer. He is in his mid-30s and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Further tests showed that it had spread to vessels beyond his pancreas, and an additional "spot" of some kind was found on his lung. If I understood correctly they are going to surgecially remove what they can and then begin chemotherapy. My cousin said he understands that it's a tough diagnosis to beat but that he told her he just doesn't want people to write him off yet. He's another fighter! I'm praying that with his determination and God's healing he'll be cancer free soon!

Hubby's grandmother (his dad's mom) also found out last week that she has breast cancer. We don't know very many details yet, and they haven't determined a course of treatment but we're praying for guidance and wisdom for her and her physicians.

As if all of that wasn't enough, my mom sent me an email today asking for more prayers. From what the email said, two brothers (Ross and Sam) that my oldest brother taught in years past were playing ball outside yesterday (I believe). Ross, the older boy (12, I think), threw the baseball and it hit Sam in the chest in between heartbeats. It caused Sam's heart to stop and he went quite some time without oxygen (3minutes?). He is in the hospital in Birmingham ( I believe I am right in saying that he was sent there from Auburn)and is in a coma right now. Please, please pray for both of the boys, their family and friends.

See what I mean about being surrounded by heartache? So, please if you have an extra minute in your day just say a prayer for these folks - and then go give your kids, husband, mom, dad, grandma...whoever...a hug.

No comments:

Google Analytics