Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Not Good to Brag

I know, I know, it's not good to brag.  But is it really bragging if someone else actually said it? 

BBug & Mrs. L on the first day of VPK
I met with BBug's VPK (voluntary pre-k) teacher yesterday afternoon for her mid-term review, and she said she is doing great!  The teacher's words when I sat down..."I'm not going to tell you all the wonderful things about her, we'd be here all day."   Now like I said, I know it's not good to brag but really...that just made this momma too proud!! 

Her teacher said that if we were to enroll her in Kindergarten today, she would already meet and surpass all of the recommended guidelines!  The teacher said in her notes that BBug is always busy, asks a lot of questions, and is very observant, leading her to the level she's at. 

A story that the teacher told me was about a day recently when she asked the kids in the class to take a pencil and piece of paper and walk around the classroom writing down any words that they saw and wanted to know.  She said all of the kids wrote down a handful of words and came back, but that BBug walked around and around the room writing down page after page of words!  I'm extremely proud of my girl for her book smarts and drive to learn. 

But what I'm even more proud of are the comments that the teacher had about her heart.  She said that BBug has a sweet heart and is always concerned with taking care of others.  She told me about a day last week when another little girl in class starting screaming that she was bleeding (she has eczema and her skin had started bleeding from it), before the teacher could even get across the room to her BBug had run in to their bathroom and brought back a wet tissue for the little girl to put on her leg.  It's that concern and love for her friends that makes this momma the most proud! 

Just so everyone knows I don't think my child is perfect (although she's pretty stinkin' close!) the teacher did she that there were a couple of issues they were working on.  She said BBug is a bit of a perfectionist and doesn't like to lose - who does!?  She said they were working on that by sometimes putting her in situations that they know she won't win/succeed at, just so she can learn that not being the best/winner is ok.  The teacher also said that she talks alot!  I have no idea where she gets that from (ahem, NahNah).  She said that anytime a question is asked BBug has to be the one to answer, and she always has to be right...according to the teacher though, the problem is, BBug is almost always right!  So, she has to remind her that just because she knows the answer doesn't mean the other kids don't need a chance to answer too!  

OK, now that you're all bored to death hearing about how cool I think my kid is...I have one funny story to end with.  BBug's teacher recently had a baby - the day that she left for maternity leave she sat the kids down to tell them that she was going to be gone for a while and to please be nice to the substitute.  Well, when she finished telling them that, BBug stood up and proceeded to tell them exactly what the teacher's baby delivery would entail!  According to the teacher she said,

"Mrs. L will go to her doctor and he'll send her to the hospital.  She'll get a room at the hospital and then the doctor will cut open her tummy.  He'll take the baby out of her tummy and then use tape to close her tummy back up.  Then she'll go to her room and rest.  Then she'll bring the baby home and rest with him."  

Yes folks, obviously I had a c-section with my second child and she paid attention!  Nevermind the fact that she was 2 1/2 at the time!!  The teacher said she was just worried she was going to start going in to more detail!!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, maybe its not good to brag, but that's all brag-worthy stuff right there for sure! I know you are proud of your sweet girl, as you should be! She always sounds like quite the characther! I love the C-Section lesson she gave the class! So funny!!! :)

Google Analytics