Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freedom!

He is free at last!

We went to the pediatrician today (for both kids actually) and Cagen was freed from his monitor! I announce this with both joy and trepidation.

I am so excited that he no longer has to wear the band around his chest that digs in to his poor skin ~ the boy actually has cuts because it's so tight, but if you loosen it up it sets off the alarm. I am also beyond excited that we can pick him up and move from room to room and do whatever we need to without unplugging him, gathering up the cords and toting his machine with us.

On the other hand I am scared to death about him having another 'episode' without the security of the monitor to alert us to it. Finding my baby blue and not breathing once was more than enough for me!

The doctor assures me that everything has been fine since he's been out of the hospital and that he appears to be thriving, but I think I'll still sleep with one eye and both ears open for a while!
"They will turn to the Lord, and He will respond to their pleas and heal them." Isaiah 19:22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test comment for Laurie :)

Google Analytics