Monday, January 26, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Following in the footsteps of my friend Meredith (the Farley-Linley Report) I wanted to share a few of the memorable things Charleigh has said lately. Now, I must admit that the child says at least one thing each day that leaves her father and I looking at each other and laughing hysterically.
For instance, this past weekend we heard the following interaction as we drove past her daycare:
Charleigh: That's my school.
Mommy: Yes it is.
Charleigh: Where's your work Mommy?
Mommy: My work is in town.
Charleigh: Daddy lives at his work.
Daddy: Yes I have lately baby and I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will be over soon and I'll be home more.
Charleigh: It's okaaay Dad, calm down!


And tonight as she's getting out of the bath:
Charleigh (crying to her daddy): Mommy did it.
Daddy: Mommy did what?
Charleigh: Mommy hit me.
Mommy: You know I didn't hit you, that's a story.
Charleigh (with more attitude than any 2 year old should have): That's NOT a story, it's a song!

Oh how I love her!!

No comments:

Google Analytics