Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Growing Boy

Cagen's a growing boy!


We took him in for his 4 month shots and his 6 month checkup yesterday (he's 5 1/2 months old, but his shot schedule has been adjusted for his prematurity).

He was such a good boy for the nurse giving the shots. When she was getting the first shot ready she told us it would sting and he wouldn't like it...my baby just laid there. The next one he fussed just until the needle came out and the last two he was done crying by the time we picked him up. That's it!! No more tears, no fussing, no squirming.

Like I told the nurse ~ if the boy can have a spinal tap done without crying (honestly, when they did his spinal tap in December there wasn't a single tear), these shots should be a piece of cake!

The doctor was pleased with the progress he's making. He's developmentally on track for his adjusted age and he's still on target with his growth. Still only in the 25th percentile but on target! He is now 14 lbs. 15 oz. and 25 1/4 inches long!

He is babbling now, but is pretty quiet about it. The pediatrician actually said he would be worried about his hearing if he hadn't passed the newborn hearing tests. But since he did pass that, it appears that he's just going to be a quiet, laid back child ~ Oh the differences in my children!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I cannot believe your baby did not cry while getting a spinal tap! Wow. I am praying for a laid back second child!!! Though I do love Allie Claire she is just something special sometimes!

Tamara Ann said...

Ha! Carrie you want to meet a special child, let me introduce you to Charleigh. I love the girl with all my heart and she is one of my two greatest gifts ever, but even her pediatrician calls her 'high maintenance' (and has since she was a baby)!

Tamara Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Newbauer Family said...

Tamara - I'm glad I found your blog...I love following these! Your babies are beautiful...and getting so big!

Google Analytics