Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Weekend Full of Celebration

This past weekend was full of celebration around our house. Even though her birthday isn't until April 1, we went ahead and had Charleigh's birthday party and a cookout celebrating Cagen's baptism on Saturday, followed by the actual baptism on Sunday.

Our family (and friends who might as well be family) joined us, and we had such a wonderful time.

I can't believe she's turning 3!

Charleigh's "Aunt" A. made the cake and it was FANTASTIC!

She was so good about telling everyone 'thank you' after each gift! I was so proud!

During the actual baptism we were joined by Cagen's two amazing sets of God Parents.

We were blessed to have so much of our family with us for the birthday and baptism!

This is us with our pastor.

See that Christening gown that Cagen has on? My grandmother made that by hand for my dad. My dad was Christened in it, as was I, and now both of my kids. It will go back in its box for safe keeping so that my grandkids can wear it one day (I hope.)!

One thing this weekend just reiterated for our family is how blessed we are. We are surrounded by wonderful family and friends, and our children know they are loved not only by hubby and I, but by all of them as well.

So, to those family and friends...'Thank you' to each of you for being such a special part of our lives!

No comments:

Google Analytics