Monday, February 8, 2010

Not Me Monday

I don't do Not Me Monday with MckMama very often, but I decided to jump on the bandwagon today and jot down a few things that have not been happening around our house lately!

I did not spend my entire "relax and do nothing" Saturday cleaning out our storage unit, going through each and every box and sorting out yard sale stuff, holiday decor, house items and other memorabilia that stay put until we move (hopefully that will be sooner than later and if you know anyone in our area looking for a house, boy can I hook them up!) There's no way I would do that on a "relax and do nothing" Saturday!

My loving, caring, sweet as a Georgia peach daughter did not tell me that she "liked me when I was pretty" as she looked at pictures of me from college. She did not then go on to elaborate about what she did not like better about me then, not including the fact that I had "long, pretty hair" and "no glasses." No, my child would never inadvertantly make me feel like a frumpy mess like that!

I did not laugh hysterically whenever the aforementioned daughter fell off of her bicycle on the way to the park yesterday. I did not laugh because the way she flew straight off the bike reminded me of someone standing still on a treadmill when it comes on and flying off the back (Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what happened). I also did not manage to control my laughter, pick her up and console her. I did not get her back on her bike and help her ride the rest of the way to the park where we did not meet up with Daddy and BuddyRoe. She did not remind me over and over that she needed an ice pack for her bottom until she started playing on the playground and forgot all about it.

We did not have a wonderful time with friends last night eating dinner and watching the Super Bowl! The ribs, chicken, black beans & rice, coleslaw and garlic bread were not delicious! Hubby did not do an excellent job manning the grill!

BuddyRoe did not spend the majority of the first half of the Super Bowl climbing on to our coffee table and seeing how many of us would react. Hubby and I did not basically let all of the other adults present ensure our child didn't kill himself jumping off the coffee table. We would never be that lackadaisical about our child's safety!

I did not just have to look up how to spell lackadaisical!

I did not get ridiculously excited today when I realized that the cups that I get my water in at work are in actuality 16 ounces, therefore counting as 2 glasses of water, not one! No, something like that would definitely not make my whole day! And no, it is not pathetic that something so small has that power in my life!

Nope, none of this would have ever happened in my world! How about yours? What's your Not Me Monday?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh honey, I am feeling your pain on the frumpy momma one! Allie Claire was attempting to put on my makeup the other day and turned away from herself to try to help out her poor momma's un-made face. Sad times. Sad times.

I also have a child who likes to climb and jump. Yep, makes me feel like an unfit parent when she goes flying, lands with a hard smack and starts screaming, but really, what can you do?!

Google Analytics