Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just a Little Something

Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, posted this a few days ago. I'm not sure how I missed it, but I did until today. Now that I've seen it I felt like I had to share it.



I think that what he is doing is fantastic, and it makes me think of my own mom (NahNah). For as long as I can remember NahNah has gone out of her way to keep in touch with people and let them know she was thinking of them. Whether it's been through a short note on a random kitchen notepad, a greeting card for your birthday (although it will most likely be mailed a few months late!), or a package of random little things, she's always gone out of her way to let people know that she was thinking about them. And I know personally, and I'm sure many of her friends would agree with me, it's always made me feel so special to open the mail and see something in there from her. And like the guy said in this video - you don't even have to see her return address, once you see the handwriting (or in NahNah's case, the doodles covering the envelope or box) you know it's from her.

It's amazing what just a little something can do! How it can brighten someone's whole day, if not more.

I know that realistically I'm not going to start sending folks I know a letter on every birthday - I'm much too scatterbrained for that! - but I am going to start making an effort to let folks in my life know that I'm thinking about them a little more often!

No comments:

Google Analytics