Thursday, February 12, 2009

Memories Old and New at Grandma's House

I said I would be back with pictures from Grandma's house and here they are. While we were all there, we shared a lot of memories and made more new ones. For my kids, this was the first (and sadly, only) time they went to Grandma's house but boy did they love it! It was also the first time they met my cousin Boo's kids who they had so much fun playing with.

There is so much fun stuff to do there. There's the pond to cruise around in the boat. Or in Charleigh's case, fall in to! Don't worry, Uncle C. was there to pull her out quick enough.

There's the super long driveway to ride bikes up and down. Although, J. was quick to point out that the young generation has it too easy. Grandma had the driveway paved a few years back. When we were kids it was dirt and pine straw when it was dry and pure mud and muck when it rained!

The butler call to push! Let me tell you about the butler call. It's a small button on the floor of the dining room that was used in the old days (and by old I mean way before my time!) to call for the butler (hence the name). All of the kids have enjoyed pushing that button for as long as I can remember. And for as long as I can remember, it has driven the adults CRAZY! It makes the loudest, shrillest bell ring you can imagine. Well, I can officially say that C., J., Boo and myself have entered adulthood because we were right there with our parents getting on to the kids for pushing it! Someone finally got smart and put this little basket over it so the kids couldn't say they "accidentally" pushed it anymore.

We also used this weekend to go through and send much of the belongings in the house to new homes in the family. Grandma lives with Momma and Daddy now and there just isn't enough room for everything at their house. There were so many beautiful things from Grandma & Grandpa's travels around the world, and we all love and appreciate those things, but it was a whole other class of items that we had the most fun with. Here are a few of our favorite finds!

C. found his GI Joe fighter jet

His wife (also a C.) found these beautiful? flower hooks

J. found a neck brace ~ those of you that know us in real life know that more than likely this was really his at some point. That is the MOST accident prone boy you'll ever meet!

And me, I hit the jackpot!! I found an entire moving box of my old New Kids on the Block stuff! Ya'll I fell in love all over again, that Donnie Walhberg sure was something! Sigh...The picture is of my New Kids wall clock.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend of memories old and new with family.

No comments:

Google Analytics