Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Fun Family Weekend

This past weekend was another full of family fun. But what made it even better was that it was also a pretty laid back and relaxing weekend - finally!

Friday afternoon Hubby and I were discussing dinner options for the night and both agreed that we could really go for some Japanese Steakhouse. We're both big fans, but unfortunately the last few times we've tried to go BBug has not been impressed. We decided that since it's been about a year since our last attempt we would give it another go. I got off of work, picked the kids up and swung by to pick up our friend Uncle M at his house. Then we headed to the restaurant where we met up with Hubby and Aunt A (it was closer for them to just meet us there rather than come home and then go back).

Bug still isn't overly impressed - like I've said in the past, she is not a fan of fire at all.

Side note: My daddy actually asked the other day if I was sure she was mine. His reasoning...I've pretty much always been a little fire bug. If there is a box of matches around, I've always been one to grab 'em up and start striking. I don't necessarily need to light anything on fire, just striking the match is enough!

Back to the weekend - BBug wouldn't let me put her down for the first few minutes and when I finally convinced her to sit down she proceeded to climb under the table until the man was entirely done cooking and cleaning the grill! When she finally climbed back in to her seat she decided that she didn't like anything on the plate and decided not to eat at all.

BuddyRoe on the other hand, good heavens to Betsy did that boy eat!! He started fussing when the soup and salad came out. I knew we would have a problem then because there's no way an 11 month old is going to eat ginger salad and Japanese onion soup. I decided to give it a try though, and lo and behold the child ate. it. up! I couldn't get the lettuce and soup in his mouth fast enough. Then he moved on to the main course. Between my plate and BBug's he ate the equivalent of an entire plate of rice, steak and grilled veggies. It was ridiculous!

The funniest part though, by the end of the meal he was so full that he just laid back in the high chair and opened his mouth for more. He would try to sit up but his little (ok, it's really not that little) belly was just too full - he would just fall backward! It was hilarious!

Saturday morning saw us heading to the store for groceries and some fall decor. BBug picked out several pumpkins, gourds and other produce to decorate with. Hubby pressure washed the house and then we got to work. We didn't do a whole lot of decorating, but we were happy with what we did do. I pulled out the summer flowers from around the bird bath and replaced them with mums. BBug was such a big help with all of the yard work! Before we pulled out the old flowers she clipped a few to make an arrangement in her pumpkin.





After we took care of the flowers we set up a scarecrow display in the yard. I saw something similar on another blog (again, I'm really bad about remembering where I see things) and then we put our own spin on it. I didn't get a good picture of it, I'll try to get one tonight - but it's a scarecrow pushing a wheelbarrow full of hay, pumpkins, gourds and another scarecrow sitting in it.

We also trimmed the gardenias and cleaned them up. Hubby, BBug and I had a great time, BuddyRoe wasn't so sure. He isn't a big fan of grass!







While we were working with the flowers Hubby and BBug got a little carried away with the water hose.





Saturday night we just relaxed around the house and watched the UF game, GO GATORS (and we're so glad Tebow is alright!) BBug was so excited. Whenever one of our guys would get the ball and start running down the field she'd yell, "Go son! Go son!" (If you know her daddy you won't have to guess where she learned that!). Then when we scored she'd turn around and holler "Whoo Hoo! I did it!" She was a riot!
Sunday morning we visited a new church. I'll go in to that more later perhaps. It's a whole other story. After church we went to lunch and shopping with Uncle M and Aunt A. Our biggest purchase was for BuddyRoe...He got two new big boy carseats! He has officially outgrown his infant seat. I literally can no longer pick him up in it. And while I'll admit I'm a weakling, it's even getting tough for his daddy to carry!
That's pretty much our weekend in a (long) nutshell. I want to leave you with two recent BBug-isms.
The first was while we were driving to dance the other night.

Mommy: BBug, who made the trees?
BBug: God.
Mommy: Who made the grass?
BBug: God.
Mommy: Who made mommy and daddy and BBug and BuddyRoe?
BBug: God.
Mommy: And who loves us more than anyone in the whole wide world?
BBug: NahNah.
Not the answer I was expecting, but she's kinda right - NahNah does love us an awful lot.
Mommy: Well...NahNah and God!
The other was last night. BBug was running across the driveway barefoot and scraped her toe pretty good. After we came in and got it cleaned up she had this to say...

BBug: Mommy, what ever will I do about my toe?

It was really funny at the time. She sounded like such a prim and proper little lady...Ha!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend yet again. Reminds me that i need to get out in the yard and plant some mums. :D
Thanks for that gentle kick in the butt. I am sure that your brother will appreciate it as well. :D
Kisses to the kiddos!!

Google Analytics