Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beware of Flying Objects

Things have been flying around here for the past couple of weeks and to be completely honest it's left me just plain wiped out emotionally and physically.



Last Friday hubby went to the doctor because he wasn't feeling 100%. The doctor told him he had the H1N1 flu. By Monday BBug and I had also been diagnosed with it. Yep, that's right the swine flu invaded our house, but thank goodness I think the last of it is about to fly right on out the door. Hubby and I both caught ours very early and with the help of medicine had only a couple days of mild symptoms. BBug on the otherhand wasn't so lukcy. It wasn't really any worse than any of the other big sick events we've had, but we've spent five days now fighting fevers as high as 104.7, bodyaches, headaches, cold sweats, snotty nose and cough. Today has been really good though. Her fever has stayed right at 99.0 - practically no fever at all!



Between watching over her at night, when her fevers tended to rage and BuddyRoe not sleeping well (couldn't tell you what his issue was, the only thing that gets him to sleep is ESPN SportsCenter - thank goodness it's on a lot in the middle of the night!) Hubby and I are sorely lacking on sleep.



Just as things started getting better on the health front, we encountered another flying object - accusations. In a family matter that is much too dramatic, and frankly ridiculous, to go in to on here I was accused of something that I did not do. Not only was I accused, but I was basically ripped apart in a series of lovely emails. There was a part of me that said, "It's not worth it. Just ignore it and let it go, you know the truth." But then there was that part of me, the bigger (or smaller, depending on how you're looking at it) part apparently, that said, "Not no, but heck no! I'm going to defend myself!" Well the whole mess blew up in to an all day war of the words. And to be honest it not only wiped out the last bit of physical energy that I had, but it pretty much depleted my emotional stores as well. .



And as if all that wasn't enough then I realized that time is flying too! My baby's (BuddyRoe) first birthday is just over a month away! It truly seems like just a couple weeks ago that the doctors decided it was time to go ahead and take him, for his safety and mine at 35 weeks. And now, now it's time for me to start getting things together for his first birthday party! We're doing a sports theme - we thought it was only appropriate considering his late night entertainment preferences - and accepting that my days of having little babies are rapidly disappearing.



I told ya folks, things are flying around here and all I want to do is duck and take cover!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, girl you have had your hands full for sure! So glad everyone's feeling better and the swine flu is on its way OUT of your house! I think before fall is over we're all going to end up with it...
hope the other drama gets worked out, too... yall have a good long weekend!

Carrie said...

I cannot believe y'all have had swine flu. Bless your heart! Happy to hear everyone is feeling better. I cannot wait to see pics of BuddyRoe's big birthday!

Beth said...

Sorry that you guys have had such a rough go of it. H1N1 is a little scary to me at the moment, but seems like you guys weathered it well, if not sleep deprived.
Sorry about the other drama, its just petty and I hope that you guys can move on soon. Love from Atlanta to you all!!

Google Analytics