Friday, September 11, 2009

Tiny Dancer

BBug is officially a dancer!



She had her first ballet and tap class Thursday night. Last week was actually the first class, but she had to miss it due to the swine flu.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to class this week - I had committed to judging a youth speech contest without realizing the date. But Daddy was up to the job! He picked BBug and BuddyRoe up from "school," got them home and fed, got BBug outfitted in her leotard and tights and headed to the dance studio.

BBug had really looked forward to meeting new friends at dance class, but she was in for a surprise. When she got there she found out there several of her old friends (who we haven't seen in a while) in her class!! Including her very first BFF, "Pancake"...



(This isn't the best picture of them but I don't want to show Pancake's face full-on, you know other people's privacy and all that.)

Pancake and BBug have known each other since they were still in the womb. Hubby and I met Pancake's parents during our 'Prepared Parenting' class. Three weeks after we had BBug we went back to the hospital to visit our favorite nurse and ran in to them again (they had just had Pancake). When the girls were a couple months old we went in to daycare one day only to find out that Pancake was in BBug's class! We decided then and there that they were just destined to be friends. Pancake is actually the one who gave her the name "BBug." Pancake changed 'schools' a few months ago and the girls haven't seen each other as much as they used to so it was great to see her at dance!

Like I said before, Hubby did a great job handling Dance Daddy Duty. I was so upset that I was missing her first class I made him promise to take lots of pictures! Now, if you know my husband you know that his definition of lots and my definition of lots are very different! So we actually discussed just what I meant by lots. We sort of compromised - we agreed on about 15 with some video if possible. Well, he didn't get quite 15 but he did get a good bit of video so I was happy. Especially since he did it all while juggling BuddyRoe too! He scored major points!



The video clips are pretty short because he was trying to "sneak" them. See, the parents aren't supposed to be in the room (they don't want the dancers distracted) so he was taking it around the corner and had to jump back when she spotted him.
Here is a short clip of her stretching. She's in the back row, second from the closest end.



I will admit, she's appears to be the "flighty" dancer in class. While the other girls are diligently watching the teacher and working on their pointing, she's looking at the mirror and working on her twirling! But, to be fair it is everyone else's second week and only her first!
Overall, I think she enjoyed it and if I do say so myself (and I do) she's the cutest darn ballerina/tapper I've ever seen!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

precious. just precious!!!!

Sheri Kiesling said...

Aunt Sheri, Uncle Chris and Kyler agree,,,she IS the cutest darn ballerina/tapper that we've ever seen! I'm excited for her that she got to see Pancake and her other friends..how exciting.

Beth said...

Yay she is so cute, and makes me feel a little more hopeful that Boogie might be able to pay attention in dance class. :D

Google Analytics