Friday, September 18, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Dinner Recipe

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner - you know, Harper's mom - is continuing her 'Show Us Your Life' tour today with Dinner Recipes.

We have lots of "go to" dinners - you know, the basics like spaghetti, pork chops, stroganoff, chicken and rice - but lately I've been trying out a few new things.

Last week I stumbled upon a recipe for a Spinach Pasta Toss on one of the many blogs I peruse. I'm very sorry to say that I can't remember which blog it was on, so I don't know who to give credit to.

Spinach was one of those things that I always fought with Momma about eating when I was growing up. On the rare occaisions that she made it, the meal would play out something like this...

Me (in the highest, whiniest voice imaginable): I don't wanna eat this, it's gross!!

Momma: Well, that's what we're having. You can eat it now or you can eat it for breakfast. (Yes folks, she would actually save it and feed it to us for breakfast. It was a tough, tough life we led as children.)

Me: But momma, it's gross!! (Don't you love my debating skills?)

Eventually it would end with me holding my nose, taking a bite and gagging the entire time I chewed.

These days, I am voluntarily cooking and eating this stuff - because this recipe is THAT good - and enjoy it so much that I have to share it in case you haven't tried it. So without further adieu...

Spinach Pasta Toss

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 cup water
1 pkg. baby spinach leaves (about 9 oz. I think)
1 cup three cheese blend

Bring the tomatoes, pasta and water to boil in large saucepan; stir.
Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or just until pasta is tender.
Add 1/2 of spinach; simmer, covered, 2 min. or until wilted. Stir.
Repeat with remaining spinach.
Top with cheese and serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

youre on a blogging roll, girl! I think you've posted almost everyday this week!!! :)

Tamara Ann said...

Slow week at work :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

sounds great.... Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Yummy! I will have to try this.

Google Analytics